Friday, June 22, 2007

iPhone will play YouTube's videos using the H.264 codec

I thought this was interesting. Sladshot has a link to a story that says that "the iPhone will play YouTube's videos using the H.264 codec(as will the AppleTV after an upgrade) for higher quality."

I thought that the commercials made it look like the videos were in better quality than what I get on my computer or, God forbid, my Wii. Turns out I'm right.

I think this is pretty neat. I'm considering getting an Apple TV sometime over the sumer (purely for home theater/AV reasons) and do tend to watch a lot of YouTube. So, knowing this makes me more confident in my impending purchase.

What do I watch on YouTube you ask? Well, any time I need to relax or fall asleep "Joy of Painting" episodes with Bob Ross make a great sleeping pill

-Steve

No comments: