Friday, June 22, 2007

6 Month Bug List Charty

I saw this on Engadget today. Jeff "Security Guy" Jones, some guy who works for Microsoft, made a blog post showing a chart that displays the "vulnerabilities found" (not actually exploited) in the first six months of releases of several OSes, and mow many of said vulnerabilities were fixed.

From the looks of the chart both Windows XP and Vista have Mac OS 10.4 beat. I'm not sure of the methodology of the chart, or what is defined as a "vulnerability found," but it's interesting nonetheless.

Here's the chart:

I don't know what OS is RHEL4WS Full, but it certainly looks like it's full of swiss cheese. My guess, some sort of Linux distro. At any rate, I'd be interested to see how these "vulnerabilities" are actually defined, as in what are the result of a crappy browser, and which are just network intrusion things and whatnot. You know, stuff I really don't know anything a

I'm sure some Machead will counter act the report and when I see something I'll post it up.

-Steve

No comments: